Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What's in a name....


















So the name on the blog is "Vintage Racer".... You may very well ask why. It's because it's what I like to do. A few years ago, a friend of mine took me over to meet his uncle Jeff, who'd just bought a Datsun 510 race car. Well, Jeff was new to racing, and I'd owned several Datsun trucks and cars, so I offered to help him out. Well, 7 years later we've been racing in western Washington, Portland, British Columbia, and gone as far south as Monterey to run at Laguna Seca. He drives, and I do the mechanical work and the fabrication. The liitle car's changed a lot in the past few years.


There's no prize money in vintage racing - it's just for sport, It's a great opportunity to see the cars you may have only seen in old video footage or magazines, and meet people you've only ever read about.

This is our car. I'll be posting pics of other cars, and doing some race reports, etc, through out the season. Hope you enjoy....

2 comments:

What Would Jesus Glue? said...

So, that's what you do with your copious amounts of spare time.

Vintage Racer said...

Well, when I'm not reviewing "craptacular" art with you...